My 5 Favorite Things: Big Freedia | Société Perrier
Is New Orleans’ Queen of Bounce Big Freedia having the best year ever? We think so. So far the Queen has been touring like a demon, bringing bounce music all over the world and receiving plenty of acclaim from influential press all over the planet. So it’s no surprise that the recently reincarnated electro-pop band The Postal Service tapped Freedia to open select dates on their upcoming tenth anniversary tour, starting in Vancouver on July 16. Currently in London for a show, we checked in with Freedia and asked her to share her five favorite things.
Big Freedia plays with Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Alexandra Palace in London on May 4, Republic New Orleans in New Orleans on May 9 and Santos Party House in New York on May 23.
1. Favorite store in the world: Hobby Lobby. When I need to shop for decorations for a party or an event, Hobby Lobby is where to go. Oh my gawd. They have decorations, crafts and jewelry. I get lost in it.
2. Favorite video game: Oh my Booty Battle video game, of course. You can choose any type of diva to be and challenge others in a twerking booty battle. What could be more fun?
3. Favorite place to pick up outfits and earrings on the road for me and the Divas (dancers): H&M. First of all, you can find one just about anywhere in America. Second, they have the most gorgeous outfits and amazing jewelry for me and my dancers.
4. Favorite venue ever: Oh man, Kennedy Center. I performed there this year for the first time. The name alone is amazing, but even more, it’s the dynamics of room, the space, the sound and the people at the venue!
5. Favorite destination spot: Amsterdam. Because it’s legal.
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter